Tutorial: How to Enroll in ChowNow’s Apple Developer Program
Have you received an invitation to participate in ChowNow’s Apple Developer Beta Program? Follow the guide below to get a branded iPhone app, built and developed by ChowNow. If you haven’t been formally invited, please check back when we officially launch the program later this year.
Before You Get Started
You should have already had a call with our in-house app specialist before following the steps in this tutorial. If you haven’t scheduled a call, please refer to the email we sent you to schedule a phone appointment.
Have your restaurant domain email address ready: Use an email address you frequently access with a business domain (i.e. email@example.com). This cannot be a Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, other domain. Please note: If you do not have a business domain email address, you cannot enroll in the Apple Developer Program until you create one.
Look Up DUNS number: Please search for your business’s legal DUNS Number through the DUNS lookup tool.
Step 1 – Complete Apple Developer Enrollment Form
Read through the “What You Need to Enroll” page and select “Start Enrollment” at the bottom of the page.
If you do not currently have an Apple ID:
- Create an Apple ID using your restaurant domain email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once complete, Apple will send a verification email to the email address used for your Apple ID.
- Go back to the web page and enter the 6-digit confirmation code found in that email.
- Click ‘Verify’ to create your Apple ID.
Having trouble creating your ID? You might find yourself in a loop with Apple after including the 6-digit verification code that was sent to your business domain email. This can happen when Apple is preparing for the close of the day. If this occurs, please allow 8 hours for resolution or contact Apple Support directly at 800-633-2152.
If you already have an Apple ID, or if you just created one:
- Sign in with your Apple ID on the Apple Developer page and select “Company/Organization” from the Entity Type dropdown. Do NOT select “Individual/Sole Proprietor/Single Person Business.”
- Confirm that you have the authority to sign legal agreements on behalf of your organization.
- Proceed to fill out the section ‘Organization Information,’ including entering your restaurant’s DUNS number.
Having trouble with your DUNS number? If you see the error message that’s depicted below, click “update your D&B profile.” Apple does not accept DBAs or fictitious names, so be sure to include the appropriate business structure type. Total wait time to process profile updates through D&B and Apple may take up to 3 weeks. We recommend trying to enter your DUNS number into the Apple Developer Program form once per week during this wait period, as DUNS may have completed processing sooner. If your application has taken longer than two weeks to process, please email D&B at email@example.com to have your DUNS number expedited.
Having trouble with Two-Factor Authentication? Apple requires Two-Factor Authentication to be turned on for your trusted Apple device to enroll in the Apple Developer Program. You can follow these steps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 and later, or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later to turn on Two-Factor Authentication.
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security.
- Tap ‘Turn On Two-Factor Authentication’.
- Tap ‘Continue’.
Step 2 – Verify Your Apple Developer Account
- Phone call from Apple: Once you are able to complete the enrollment form with your verified DUNS number, an Apple representative will call the phone number you provided in the form. You will have a short conversation and will need to provide them your first name, last name, date of birth, and a secondary contact person for this Apple Developer account.
- Email to accept terms: After the successful verification call, you will receive an email from Apple containing a license agreement. Select “Review Now” in the email and continue through the terms. After agreeing, you will automatically proceed to payment (see below).
- Complete payment for Apple Developer Program: You’ll see a final cost of $99.00 and have the option to select auto-renewal for your developer account — we highly recommend choosing this option to ensure your app does not get removed from the App Store. Select “Purchase” and confirm your login information to submit your billing information.
Step 3 – Invite ChowNow as a Contributor
- Invite ChowNow to your new Apple Developer Account
- Log in to your Apple Developer Account.
- Click “Invite People” and enter the ChowNow Developer Email Address that your App Specialist provided you in your ChowNow Purchase Confirmation email. Make sure to select the team member role “Admin” and click “Invite.”
- Invite ChowNow to your App Store Connect Account
- Log in to App Store Connect with your Apple ID.
- Select Users and Roles and click the ‘+’ symbol to add a user. Enter “ChowNow” in the “Name” field, and in the “Email Address” field, enter the ChowNow Developer Email Address that your App Specialist provided you in your ChowNow Purchase Confirmation email.
That’s it! We will let you know as soon as the app has been published, within 2 weeks of receiving your invite. If you have any questions related to this process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Ebony Kizzee (see all)
- Tutorial: How to Enroll in ChowNow’s Apple Developer Program - July 9, 2018