Welcome to the ChowNow Diner Referral program! We’re so excited that you’re helping us spread the word and invite customers to join our restaurant-first marketplace.
This page offers FAQs, instructions for setting up your referral account, and tips for sharing your referral link.
Here are common questions and answers about this program.
What is the referral offer?
ChowNow will pay you $10 for every diner you refer to the ChowNow marketplace app who places a first-time order of $30 or more.
How do I refer customers?
All you need to do is share your unique referral link—or its corresponding QR code—with customers.
You can share the link via email, social media, your website, and anywhere else you’d like. Use the QR code on signage in your restaurant to invite in-person customers to the app.
Important: You need to use this specific link or its corresponding QR code in order to be credited for referrals.
What will happen when a customer clicks my referral link or scans my QR code?
When a diner clicks on the link or scans the QR code, they’ll be directed into the ChowNow marketplace app. If the diner doesn’t have the ChowNow marketplace app yet, the link will first redirect them to the appropriate app store to download it. Once downloaded, the diner will then be automatically redirected into the ChowNow marketplace app.
Once the referred diner makes a purchase subtotaling $30 or more, you’ll be credited with a $10 reward.
To qualify for the offer, does the diner’s final total need to be $30? Or the subtotal?
The diner’s subtotal must be $30 or more, before tax and tip.
Can alcohol be included in the $30 subtotal required to qualify for the offer?
What is Partnerstack?
Partnerstack is your referral program dashboard, where you’ll access your referral link, track and withdraw payments.
Do I need to create my own Partnerstack account?
ChowNow has made a Partnerstack account for you, so there’s no need to worry about creating your own account.
Just reference the instructions below to log into your account and finish setting it up!
How do I get paid?
Your rewards are paid out within Partnerstack through Paypal or Stripe. You can track the status of your referrals and payments through your Partnerstack dashboard. Learn more about how payouts work in Partnerstack here.
Here’s your introduction to Partnerstack—your program dashboard, where you’ll access your affiliate tools, track payments, find resources, and more.
Logging In and Resetting Your Credentials
The ChowNow team has gone ahead and created a Partnerstack account for you. We’ve emailed you your temporary login credentials.
It’s very important to update this login information with your preferred email address and a new password, so you can easily access your account.
Make sure to update your email address before you change your password.
Here’s how to log in and change your email:
1. Navigate to https://dash.partnerstack.com. Enter your ChowNow-provided login information.
2. Navigate to your profile settings and find the Email field towards the top of the page.
3. Delete the temporary email address, enter your preferred email address, and click Save.
4. Then, an activation email will be sent to the email address you provided. Make sure to open it and click the link to finish verifying your email!
If you need extra guidance, view screen recordings of this process here.
Once you update your email, go ahead and change your password by doing the following:
1. Log out of your Partnerstack account.
2. Go to dash.partnerstack.com/handshake.
3. Type the email address you’ve signed up with in the Email Address field.
4. Click Continue.
5. On the next page, click Forgot My Password.
6. You’ll be taken to the Request a Password Reset page. Your email address will be automatically filled in the email field.
7. Click Send Reset Email
8. Check your inbox for an email from PartnerStack, and follow the instructions to reset your password.
Once you log in, you’ll be directed to your ChowNow program summary page at https://dash.partnerstack.com/chownowapp. If you find yourself on the Partnerstack homepage at https://dash.partnerstack.com/home instead, just click on “The ChowNow Marketplace App” within the “Your Programs” section.
On your program summary page, you’ll find the most helpful information right at your fingertips, including:
- Counts of link clicks, signups, and rewards
- Current reward offers
- Your default referral link, which is the link you’ll share with your audience to refer them to ChowNow.
In the side bar menu of your portal, you’ll find these sections:
– Links: Where you’ll access your unique link to share with your referral base. You can also find your unique link on your program summary page.
– Resources: Think of this as your ChowNow library, where you can find FAQs, marketing assets, and more.
– Payouts: In order to withdraw your rewards, you’ll need to choose & set up your payment provider. From there, you’ll be able to track the rewards that you’ve earned and cash them out on a monthly basis. Learn more about payouts here!
You may want to watch this partner dashboard video walkthrough as a tour. For more detailed information, check out Partnerstack’s partner support guides.
There are many creative ways to spread the message and refer your diners to the ChowNow app, both in person and online.
You will receive print marketing materials with a QR code for your unique referral link, including postcards and a sign. Display your sign on your counter, host station, or takeout pickup location. Consider dropping the postcards in your takeout bags, especially if you use third-party marketplaces like Uber Eats or Grubhub. These methods will help diners learn about the program and generate more commission-free sales (and rewards) for you.
Online, share your unique referral link via social media, your website, and marketing emails. Below, you’ll find graphics to use on social media. There are even more digital marketing assets in your Partnerstack Resources section. Feel free to add these images to your website or emails and hyperlink them to your unique referral link. Use them for social media, too.
Download the full size image here.
Download the full size image here.
Download the full size image here.
You can easily share your link within standard Facebook posts. Follow the steps outlined here to post your link in your Instagram Stories, and look at these tips for sharing your referral link in your Instagram bio as well.
Not sure what to write alongside with your social media posts? Here are some captions you can use:
“Next time you order from us, use the ChowNow app. They don’t charge absurd fees or harmful commissions. More dough for us!”
“Find us on the ChowNow app and save on your next order! Tag a friend in the comments to spread the word.”
“Join the takeout community that’s fair for all. ChowNow doesn’t charge us harmful commissions. Just click our link to get started!”
“Dig into a better way to order. Use our link to order from the ChowNow app!”
Referral program terms and conditions apply. Offer ends at 12:00 AM on December 1, 2021. Diner must make a purchase within 90 days of referral by restaurant. If diner clicks on affiliate link but does not make their first purchase, and then clicks on a second restaurant’s affiliate link and subsequently makes their first purchase, the second referral supersedes the first.